Groups traveling to Turkey will often fly into Istanbul and spend a day or two there before continuing on to other parts of the country. One of the stops in Istanbul is typically the world-class Archaeological Museum located near the Hagia Sophia and the Topkapi Palace. For students of the Bible it houses some extremely important artifacts. The main ones are located on the top floor of the museum including the Siloam Tunnel Inscription, The Second Temple Warning Inscription, and the Gezer Calendar (the first two from Jerusalem).
Search this Blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Old City (Jerusalem) Church Now Open
- Paul on the Road to Assos (Asia Minor/Turkey)
- Cana to Capernaum Route
- Paul in the Cities: Where did They Meet? 2 (Ask Eutychus! Acts 20:9)
- BAR March/April 2017 — Supplemental Photos
- Model of Second Temple Jerusalem
- Ancient Picture of the Trojan Horse!
- A Geographer's Paradise — PEF and 1:50,000 Maps of Israel/Palestine On Line!
- Magdala: the Chapel of the Encounter — Hemorrhaging Woman
- Life in Bethlehem — Wedding Preparation
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets