Groups traveling to Turkey will often fly into Istanbul and spend a day or two there before continuing on to other parts of the country. One of the stops in Istanbul is typically the world-class Archaeological Museum located near the Hagia Sophia and the Topkapi Palace. For students of the Bible it houses some extremely important artifacts. The main ones are located on the top floor of the museum including the Siloam Tunnel Inscription, The Second Temple Warning Inscription, and the Gezer Calendar (the first two from Jerusalem).
Search this Blog
Top Posts & Pages
- The REAL Saint Nicholas! December 6
- Jacob's Sheep Arrive in Israel
- Cana to Capernaum Route
- Paul on the Road to Assos (Asia Minor/Turkey)
- Carl Rasmussen
- Model of Second Temple Jerusalem
- Pictures from the Top of the Great Pyramid
- A Geographer's Paradise — PEF and 1:50,000 Maps of Israel/Palestine On Line!
- The Acrocorinth
- Defaced Western Wall Excavations — Ugleeee!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets