Groups traveling to Turkey will often fly into Istanbul and spend a day or two there before continuing on to other parts of the country. One of the stops in Istanbul is typically the world-class Archaeological Museum located near the Hagia Sophia and the Topkapi Palace. For students of the Bible it houses some extremely important artifacts. The main ones are located on the top floor of the museum including the Siloam Tunnel Inscription, The Second Temple Warning Inscription, and the Gezer Calendar (the first two from Jerusalem).
Search this Blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Jerusalem: The Tomb of Jesus (short video)
- Cana to Capernaum Route
- Why is the Hen Gathering Her Chicks? (Matt 23:37; Luke 13:34)
- Tomb of Jesus to Be Revealed
- The Burial Bench of Jesus
- Paul on the Road to Assos (Asia Minor/Turkey)
- Unusual Photos of a Recent Visit to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher/Resurrection
- Old City (Jerusalem) Church Now Open
- Nazareth: The House of Jesus?
- Carl Rasmussen
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets