Groups traveling to Turkey will often fly into Istanbul and spend a day or two there before continuing on to other parts of the country. One of the stops in Istanbul is typically the world-class Archaeological Museum located near the Hagia Sophia and the Topkapi Palace. For students of the Bible it houses some extremely important artifacts. The main ones are located on the top floor of the museum including the Siloam Tunnel Inscription, The Second Temple Warning Inscription, and the Gezer Calendar (the first two from Jerusalem).
Top Posts & Pages
- Where Was The Largest Altar in the Ancient World?
- Why is the Hen Gathering Her Chicks? (Matt 23:37; Luke 13:34)
- Jacob's Well — Then and Now
- Cana to Capernaum Route
- A Geographer's Paradise — PEF and 1:50,000 Maps of Israel/Palestine On Line!
- Colossae in Turkey
- Tarsus — Birth Place of Saul/Paul
- Have you ever seen a Human Sacrifice?
- Did Paul Visit Albania?
- Israelite Cisterns at Arad Now Open! (Negev of Israel)
Search this Blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets