After visiting Hierapolis in Turkey (Colossians 4:13) we typically travel east down the Meander Valley to Didyma, Miletus and Priene. Sometimes we have taken a back road that leads through the small village of Sigla. Here they have the custom of placing bottles on the top of their chimneys to announce that there is a daughter in the family who is available for marriage!
Top Posts & Pages
- Why is the Hen Gathering Her Chicks? (Matt 23:37; Luke 13:34)
- Tombs in the Kidron — The Arrival of the Greeks!
- Jacob's Well — Then and Now
- Magdala: the Chapel of the Encounter — Hemorrhaging Woman
- Cana to Capernaum Route
- Musings on a recent trip to Israel 1
- Syracuse, Sicily — Acts 28:12
- The "Theater" at the Herodium
- "Neither hot nor cold" — New Water Inscription Discovered at Laodicea — Revelation 3:15 and 16
- Tarsus — Birth Place of Saul/Paul
Search this Blog
Join 405 other subscribers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets