After visiting Hierapolis in Turkey (Colossians 4:13) we typically travel east down the Meander Valley to Didyma, Miletus and Priene. Sometimes we have taken a back road that leads through the small village of Sigla. Here they have the custom of placing bottles on the top of their chimneys to announce that there is a daughter in the family who is available for marriage!
Top Posts & Pages
- Away in a Manger (feeding trough!)
- The Cave/Grotto of Paul and Thecla at Ephesus
- Ritual Baths South of the Temple Mount
- Why is the Hen Gathering Her Chicks? (Matt 23:37; Luke 13:34)
- Site of Crucifixion of Jesus?
- Drinking Water 8 Months Old?
- Emperor Worship at Herculaneum
- The Earliest Synagogue in Israel? Used by the Maccabees?
- Image Usage
- Cana to Capernaum Route
Search this Blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets