After visiting Hierapolis in Turkey (Colossians 4:13) we typically travel east down the Meander Valley to Didyma, Miletus and Priene. Sometimes we have taken a back road that leads through the small village of Sigla. Here they have the custom of placing bottles on the top of their chimneys to announce that there is a daughter in the family who is available for marriage!
Top Posts & Pages
- Herod the Great and The Stadium and Theater at Jericho
- The "seldom visited" Asclepion at Corinth
- In the Footsteps of Paul Trip May 2019
- New Testament/Herodian Jericho
- Colossae in Turkey
- What did the "chains" (= "handcuffs") that bound Peter and Paul look like?
- Paul's Shipwreck on Malta: Anchor Stocks—Part 1
- Cana to Capernaum Route
- The Ships of Ephesus — Part 2 Cargo Ship
- Why is the Hen Gathering Her Chicks? (Matt 23:37; Luke 13:34)
Search this Blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets