After visiting Hierapolis in Turkey (Colossians 4:13) we typically travel east down the Meander Valley to Didyma, Miletus and Priene. Sometimes we have taken a back road that leads through the small village of Sigla. Here they have the custom of placing bottles on the top of their chimneys to announce that there is a daughter in the family who is available for marriage!
Top Posts & Pages
- Herodium Display in Israel Museum
- The Ships of Ephesus — Part 2 Cargo Ship
- Cana to Capernaum Route
- Magdala: the Chapel of the Encounter — Hemorrhaging Woman
- New Testament/Herodian Jericho
- King Herod's Tomb at the Israel Museum
- What did the "chains" (= "handcuffs") that bound Peter and Paul look like?
- Colossae in Turkey
- Saint Peter's Church in Antioch Has Reopened
- The "seldom visited" Asclepion at Corinth
Search this Blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets