After visiting Hierapolis in Turkey (Colossians 4:13) we typically travel east down the Meander Valley to Didyma, Miletus and Priene. Sometimes we have taken a back road that leads through the small village of Sigla. Here they have the custom of placing bottles on the top of their chimneys to announce that there is a daughter in the family who is available for marriage!
Search this Blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Biblical People Confirmed Archaeologically — A Very Useful Tool!
- Cana to Capernaum Route
- Why is the Hen Gathering Her Chicks? (Matt 23:37; Luke 13:34)
- The Best Rolling Stone Tomb in Israel — Khirbet Midras
- Paul on the Road to Assos (Asia Minor/Turkey)
- Special Diolkos Remains Near Corinth
- Magdala: the Chapel of the Encounter — Hemorrhaging Woman
- Old City (Jerusalem) Church Now Open
- The Tomb of the High Priest Annas? Part 1 of 2 — The Exterior
- The "seldom visited" Asclepion at Corinth
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets