After visiting Hierapolis in Turkey (Colossians 4:13) we typically travel east down the Meander Valley to Didyma, Miletus and Priene. Sometimes we have taken a back road that leads through the small village of Sigla. Here they have the custom of placing bottles on the top of their chimneys to announce that there is a daughter in the family who is available for marriage!
Search this Blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Cana to Capernaum Route
- Carl Rasmussen
- Jewish Presence at Hierapolis (Menorahs)
- The Ships of Ephesus — Part 2 Cargo Ship
- Old City (Jerusalem) Church Now Open
- Why is the Hen Gathering Her Chicks? (Matt 23:37; Luke 13:34)
- In the Footsteps of Paul Trip May 2018
- What did the "chains" (= "handcuffs") that bound Peter and Paul look like?
- Another Son of God? Pilate's Tiberieum at Caesarea Maritima
- Methuselah - The Palm Tree
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets