After visiting Hierapolis in Turkey (Colossians 4:13) we typically travel east down the Meander Valley to Didyma, Miletus and Priene. Sometimes we have taken a back road that leads through the small village of Sigla. Here they have the custom of placing bottles on the top of their chimneys to announce that there is a daughter in the family who is available for marriage!
Top Posts & Pages
- Why is the Hen Gathering Her Chicks? (Matt 23:37; Luke 13:34)
- Cana to Capernaum Route
- The Tomb of Suleiman the Magnificent
- Jonathan and His Armor Bearer — 1 Samuel 14
- The Ships of Ephesus — Part 2 Cargo Ship
- Suleiman: The Builder of the Walls of Jerusalem
- What did the "chains" (= "handcuffs") that bound Peter and Paul look like?
- The Lighthouse at Patara
- The Best Rolling Stone Tomb in Israel — Khirbet Midras
- Jesus' Crown of Thorns
Search this Blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets