After visiting Hierapolis in Turkey (Colossians 4:13) we typically travel east down the Meander Valley to Didyma, Miletus and Priene. Sometimes we have taken a back road that leads through the small village of Sigla. Here they have the custom of placing bottles on the top of their chimneys to announce that there is a daughter in the family who is available for marriage!
Search this Blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Cana to Capernaum Route
- Why is the Hen Gathering Her Chicks? (Matt 23:37; Luke 13:34)
- One of the Best Preserved Ancient Synagogues in Israel
- Model of Second Temple Jerusalem
- The Ships of Ephesus — Part 1 of 2 Parts
- Underground the Temple Mount (Haram esh-Sharif) Very Unique Photos
- Paul on the Road to Assos (Asia Minor/Turkey)
- A Jerusalem Synagogue Building from Jesus' Time?
- Site of Crucifixion of Jesus?
- Saint Peter's Church in Antioch Has Reopened
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets