After visiting Hierapolis in Turkey (Colossians 4:13) we typically travel east down the Meander Valley to Didyma, Miletus and Priene. Sometimes we have taken a back road that leads through the small village of Sigla. Here they have the custom of placing bottles on the top of their chimneys to announce that there is a daughter in the family who is available for marriage!
Top Posts & Pages
- David vs. Goliath — The Valley of Elah
- Cana to Capernaum Route
- Old City (Jerusalem) Church Now Open
- Why is the Hen Gathering Her Chicks? (Matt 23:37; Luke 13:34)
- What Did Solomon's Temple Look Like? Answers from Ain Dara (Syria)
- The Martyrium (Memorial Chapel) of Philip at Hierapolis (Turkey)
- Magdala: the Chapel of the Encounter — Hemorrhaging Woman
- The Acrocorinth
- Pigeons Pooping in/on the Second Temple?
- In the Footsteps of Paul Trip May 2019
Search this Blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets