After visiting Hierapolis in Turkey (Colossians 4:13) we typically travel east down the Meander Valley to Didyma, Miletus and Priene. Sometimes we have taken a back road that leads through the small village of Sigla. Here they have the custom of placing bottles on the top of their chimneys to announce that there is a daughter in the family who is available for marriage!
Top Posts & Pages
- Syracuse, Sicily — Acts 28:12
- Cana to Capernaum Route
- Magdala: the Chapel of the Encounter — Hemorrhaging Woman
- Puteoli Italy — Paul stayed here for a week on his way to Rome
- A Visit to the "real" Bethsaida — el-Araj
- Did Paul Visit Albania?
- What did the "chains" (= "handcuffs") that bound Peter and Paul look like?
- The Tomb of the High Priest Annas? Part 1 of 2 — The Exterior
- Special Diolkos Remains Near Corinth
- The Tomb of Philip the Apostle at Hierapolis (Turkey)
Search this Blog
Join 403 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets