Visitors to Israel will often stop at the Second Temple/Talmudic site of Korazin (Chorazin: Matt 11:21; Luke 10:13) where an impressive basalt synagogue has been partially reconstructed. To the west of Korazin, on the south side of route 8277 is beautiful is a Roman Catholic retreat center known as Domus Galilaeae. It opened in 2000 and was blessed by Pope John Paul II. It is generally not open to visitors so I thought I would share a few of my images of the place.
Search this Blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Cana to Capernaum Route
- Seldom Visited Aqueduct at Caesarea
- Jacob's Well — Then and Now
- Dust Storms in Israel (Hamsin, Sirocco, Sharav)
- Israel Travel Tip — Jezreel
- Philippi (Greece) — Baptismal Site
- Pictures from the Top of the Great Pyramid
- Special Diolkos Remains Near Corinth
- The Winners' Prizes — Dead Vegetation?
- The Kishon River to Live Again